Hi from Aus

First time here? Introduce yourself. Where are you from, why are you learning Thai, what level are you? We can all be friends.
Robyn.fnq

Hi from Aus

Post by Robyn.fnq »

Hello, new here. My name is Robyn and I'm intending to move to Thailand in the next couple of years.
I'm Australian but I'm not going to manage to retire here, so I'm frantically gathering my finances into a usable source for the move.
Thailand is my first choice of retirement venues, loved my visits there, and I have a few Thai friends on Skype. I'm trying to learn the language before I go, having mixed success in that regard.
Anyway, I'll check out the forum posts for information that I'm sure will be helpful.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you can help me, or perhaps it is I that can be of help to others?
รอบบิน
ReubenA

Re: Hi from Aus

Post by ReubenA »

Hey Robyn! Nice to have you here, I'm Australian too

Have you traveled to Thailand before? What stage are you at with the language? Feel free to post any questions on the board here and we'll help you as best we can
ChalongPhuket

Post by ChalongPhuket »

Consider getting a Skype teacher. Over the past couple of years there has been a proliferation of teachers offering language services through Skype so that the likelihood of finding an excellent teacher has increased.
PatrickK
-

Post by PatrickK »

Welcome! Sounds like you have an exciting future head!
Robyn.fnq

Post by Robyn.fnq »

Yes, I've been twice for holidays.
I'm just beginning with the language, but it's fun!
Unfortunately, I don't have finances for a formal lesson base, but I have a couple of contacts that help me with pronunciation and I am helping them with English. I'd love to help more people.
Cheers