Hi, I'm Reuben

First time here? Introduce yourself. Where are you from, why are you learning Thai, what level are you? We can all be friends.
ReubenA

Hi, I'm Reuben

Post by ReubenA »

Hey everyone! I'm Reuben.

I'm 23 years old and have been living in Bangkok for the last 1.5 years. My interest in languages started when I was living in Australia. I spent some time learning Spanish, and then French for 3 months (having forgotten 95% of it now) but nothing kept my attention for long until I came to live in Thailand.

Initially I planned on staying here for a few months then moving on, but I enjoyed being here so much that I didn't see any reason to go somewhere else, and I wanted to explore the culture more in-depth. It was around that time that I got into learning Thai. I started off super-fast, spending the first few months doing almost nothing except working on my language skills. I got to a basic conversational level fairly fast, and then stagnated.. being too satisfied, thinking it was enough. Since then I've been very off-and-on with it. But right now I'm managing to hold onto some good study habits that are moving me in the right direction.

Looking forward to getting to know others here!